Faux flowers and fauna
Pencil crayons or acryllic paint
Glue (I used hot glue)
1. Cut a 14cm (6") piece of wire and a 7.5cm (3") piece of wire. Bend the large wire in half and wrap the smaller wire around near the bend....this will form the arms and loop for the head.
2. Use embroidary thread to wrap the arms and torso to create a bodice or shirt. Secure the thread at the back with a tiny knot or dab of glue.
*Note: if you're not using hot glue you may have to wait in between steps until glue dries*
3. Pull apart faux flowers, mix and match to make an outfit. Slip the petals over the "legs" to make dresses, skirts, pants, etc. Add a dab of glue to the underside so the petals don't fall off.
4. Bend ends of wire into loops to form hands and feet. Add facial features to the bead and use the thread to make a hairstyle....you can also paint on hair! Add a dab of glue to the inside of the bead and firmly attach to the head loop. At this point you can also add hats and wings or other extras you imagine up!
5. Challenge: How many combinations can you make? What other floral friends can you create?
Until You Read Again.....